Friday 8 June 2012

Artist Statement

Here is my artist statement that I have included within my exhibition;


My final major project is based around the secret world created by photography, I feel throughout the past 4 years in which I have been doing media based courses, I have found myself working with photography more and more within projects, it is a form of art that I believe releases a new and fresh outcome on an image and throughout this process I have developed not only my photography skills but been able to show a world that is unseen to the natural eye.

The four images within this exhibition are the final outcome, of a process that has been changed and developed for one year. Throughout researching and photographing many images, it has led me to what I have called ‘The Secret World’.  The collage shows a selection of the photographs I have taken towards this project, the three enlarged images are the select images I have chosen, that demonstrates the secret world perfectly.

These photographs and the overall thought of the secret world demonstrates the idea that a photograph can capture, ‘a moment in time’ however the way these have been captured is in a way that the natural eye does not capture, creating a whole new world. Without a camera this world would be missing and go unknown.

The three enlarged photographs capture the secret world in three different ways, it is open to your imagination to take you there and the sound effects are there to enhance your experience and guide you on your journey into the secret world.

If you are interested in understanding more about the secret world and seeing my research and development, please view my online blog;
http://www.stephhodgkinson1.blogspot.co.uk/


Stephanie Hodgkinson
Final Major Project – The Secret World
HND Creative Media Production


No comments:

Post a Comment