Friday 23 March 2012

Whats the final outcome?? Video montage or prints?

I was completely undecided on what I should do for my final outcome, I thought I wanted to create an experimental video containing photography and video, but the topics were abit to vague and I knew I wouldn't be happy with the final outcome therefore this became the main topic of conversation when I had a tutorial with my supervisor (Nic), we discussed many different outcomes from a video montage containing my light photography pictures, a layering of the photos, or some kind of print board, containing many photos that link.
We then looked through and discussed my pictures, looking at the technique and how I managed to create some of the images, this led us to actually imagining the images as an unknown world. The way I created some of the photo's is unexplainable, for example, the photograph of the trainstation below, if you look closely part of the image is blurred but the building has not moved, also the light has split making it look as though there are lights either side of the platform but there is not.
This became an interesting topic leading us to look through not only more of my images but also back to the artists I have researched previously noticing some of the light art looks somewhat like portals to 'another world'.
This is now helped me to progress with my idea for my final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment